Where: Bhavana Yoga Center, Athens
4th Cycle: Pelvis & Sacrum
The 4th Cycle of Biomatic Anatomy Workshop will take place on Saturday 28/04/2018, 14:00-18:00 & Sunday 29/04/2018, 11:00-15:00 and includes:
1st workshop day
• We discover our personal skeletal structure and function in the lower body.
• We realize ,release and explore the psoas muscles and how they affect mobility in the pelvis area.
• We learn the techniques of “tracing the bones” (pelvis, sacrum, great trochanter) and moving the bones, to achieve the greatest mobility in the hip joints.
• We practice in conscious breathing (mindful breathing) and conscious touch, (mindful touch) to recognize the maximum range of motion( passive & energetic).
• We practice physical exercises involving the relationship between Pelvis and Thorax ,Pelvis and legs and
• Weight transfer exercises (and what happens to the greater trochanter), sciatic tuberosity -hip joint and the role they play while transferring weight in space.
2nd workshop day
• We get deeper into the practice and implement the kinesthetic exercises into our own personal way of movement.
• We learn how to work with the tennis balls to relax body and mind and to liberate “hidden” restrictions in the joints.
• We learn how to replace old movement patterns with new movement patterns.
• We observe how our emotions affect our joint mobility and breath and vice versa.
What is biomatic anatomy
Biomatic Anatomy is a holistic approach of body perception and movement, the result of continuous study and research of it’s founder Apostolia Papadamaki. Aims to remind us the primary instincts of movement and gain experiential and theoretical knowledge of the human skeleton, the joints and how they work. The belief that the body knows it’s prime perfect nature is established. Movement patterns connect with emotional patterns. In Biomatic Anatomy,we emphasize on knowing -thy -self through knowing-our -Breath. We aim to realize our movement patterns and to replace them with new movement patterns that allow the joints to work fully with the necessary muscle involvement. Always connected with our breath, we increase our mobility, eliminate our pains,fears,restrictions and create confidence and euphoria.
Instructions for the participants
* Bring 2 tennis balls and 1 athletic shock !
* Put on comfortable and lightweight clothing in several layers. Avoid lycra and tight clothes, they don’t permit us to work deeply with the bones. We often work in couples, so the light clothing helps to touch the bones over clothing.
* Bring a notebook, you may want to note something.
* Follow a simple diet before the workshop, if you want you can follow a detox diet with lots of veggies and juices to clean your system. Joints are liberated when we detox.
* Every participant receives an email after the workshop with notes on the exercises and concepts after the workshop.
* Everybody is welcome. Apostolia believes that every human can find a new way of living through conscious and mindful movement. In her teaching methods there are no boundaries of age, body form, nationality, identity.
Biomatic Anatomy Workshops @ Bhavana Yoga Center :
1st Cycle: Intro Biomatic Anatomy Workshop
Saturday 30/9 & Sunday 1/10/2017
2nd Cycle: Head,Neck & Shoulders
Saturday 2/12 & Sunday 3/12/2017
3rd Cycle: Breath, Diaphragm & Psoas
Saturday 10/2/2018 & Sunday 11/2/2018
4th Cycle: Pelvis & Sacrum
Saturday 28/4/2018 & Sunday 29/4/2018
Duration for all workshops is 8 hours.
Saturday 14:00-18:00 και Sunday 11:00-15:00
It is highly recommended to attend both days, this workshop is designed in its entity. Priority will be given to participants who are interested in attending both days.
Registration is absolutely necessary.
For a single cycle 75€
Early bird 60€*
*Valid for registrations up to 30 days before the beginning of the cycle.
**The prices above include VAT 24%
Apostolia Papadamaki is an internationally acclaimed choreographer, a traveler, performer and teacher. An ongoing life learner, Apostolia studied release contemporary dance and contact improvisation at Movement Research – New York, Ashtanga Yoga at Jivamukti Center – New York and Alexander Technique with Shelley Shenter.
Being a lover of arts and movement she also studied Physical Theater, Ai ki Do, Scuba Diving (Rescue Diver Padi), Craniosacral Therapy, Rei-Ki and Shamanic practices, collaborating with inspiring artists, musicians, and teachers in many lands.
Being thankful to life , Apostolia founded The Happiness Retreat to share her knowledge,experience and joy with other beautiful souls.
After 20 years of ongoing studies and research on movement Apostolia, founded Biomatic Anatomy, a holistic approach to movement that expands to Impulse Dance, Floating Body and her Yoga teachings. She believes that everybody is a perfect human being, in any age and can find fulfilment through movement. In her methods there are no boundaries of age, body structure, nationality, identity.
Payment & Cancellation Policy
For cancellations received 30 days prior to the event: full participation. No refunds for cancellations in less than 30 days notice, unless we can fill your space. In case of retreat cancellation on our behalf, full workshop participation refund (ticket and transportation costs not included).